BlueBay Hotels celebrates the sixth edition of the BlueBay Travel Awards
Companies who received awards in the different categories included TUI Group, Wamos Group, Jet2, Hotelbeds.com, Expedia, Itaka, Air Canada Vacation, Sidetours, Roiback, Anextour. Special recognition on the night went to Steve Heapy, who was named Outstanding Tourism Personality of the year for his successful track record in leading Jet2holidays. BlueBay Hotels will be present for the seventh consecutive year at FITUR, the leading International Tourism Fair in Spain, in Hall 10, Stand 10D12 from January 22-26.
BlueBay Hotels the eighth Spanish hotel company regarding international presencethe twelfth largest group in terms of hotel rooms , presented the awards at the BlueBay Travel Awards last night. The event, now in its sixth year, has become an event of reference as a precursor to FITUR. The award ceremony was held at the Hotel Miguel Angel by BlueBay, with nationalinternational guests from the social, tourism, businesspolitical arena in attendance.
back to news
Jamal Satli Iglesias, Chairman of BlueBay Hotels, said: “The presentation of these awards aims to recognise the workprofessionalism of these companies throughout the year, together with their importance for the travel sectorour company. BlueBay Hotels wouldn’t be what it is today without eachevery one of the peoplecompanies that have placed their trust in us.
Ramón Hernández, CEO of BlueBay Hotels, also wanted to highlight that “At BlueBay Hotels we’re incredibly proud to celebrate our gala dinner for another year in recognition of our business partners’ trustloyaltyto thank all our employees, without whom none of this would be possible.
2020 is shaping up to be an exciting year for our group,we’ll continue to remodelimprove our products, expand destinationsreinforce our firm commitment to qualityour customers”.
Jamal Satli Iglesias, Chairman of BlueBay Hotels, presented the evening's special award to Steve Heapy. In the category of Outstanding Tourism Personality 2019, the CEO of Jet2holidays received the award for his successful track record at the helm of the leading British tour operator, commitment to environmental sustainability, impeccable professionalismhis firm support towards Spanish destinations.
10 companies won awards in different categories:
- TUI in the category of Best Performance Europe 2019, for its unstoppable growth, ability to rise above the competitionadapting to new market scenarios.
- EXPEDIA in the category of Best B2C Partner, for its constant innovation, leadership in the world of travel, the trust generated in the userthe quality of its offer.
- Air Canada Vacation in the category of Best Performance Caribbean 2019, for its professionalism, continued improvements in serviceexcellent customer care.
- Itaka in the category of Lifetime Achievement Award, for its constant support, implementing new technologiesemphasis on customer service.
- Wamos Group in the category of Leading Air Travel Provider, for its performance, integritycommitment to society, overcoming constant market challengesproviding excellent service quality to passengers.
- Sidetours in the category of Best Inbound Travel Agency 2019, for its leadership in the Spanish tourism industry, its global services in tourismits team of professionals.
- Anex Tour in the category of Best Outbound Travel Agency 2019, for its track record, experienceoutstanding growth over the past year.
- Roiback in the category Best Provider of Hotel Booking Engine, for its cutting-edge technology, user-friendlinessfunctionality.
- Jet2Holidays in the category of Best Travel Service 2019, for its constant growth in the number of users, its capacity to welcome new destinations without neglecting othersits commitment to qualityexcellence.
- Hotelbeds in the category of best Wholesale Distribution Platform 2019, for its constant efforts to find innovative ways to improve the online experience, its dedication to its partnersits impeccable service.
BlueBay Hotels at FITUR 2020
For the sixth consecutive year, the BlueBay Travel Awards gala dinner was held on the night before the start of the leading International Tourism Fair in Spain, where the hotel group will be present once again in Hall 10 Stand 10D12.
BlueBay Hotels has invested in renovationsimprovements in different hotels in recent years to improve the quality of its serviceoffer its customers modernstylish spaces to accompany them during their experience in destinations where the group operates.
One of the most extensive renovation works was carried out at Bellevue club Mallorca***, in Spain, where it redefined the gastronomic concept with the opening of new theme restaurantsrenovated the leisure area,BlueBay Grand Esmeralda***** in the Riviera Maya in Mexico also modernised the swimming poolscommon areas.
During 2020-2021, BlueBay Hotels expects to finalise the complete renovation of these two emblematic hotels for the group in strategic destinations.
In terms of expansion, the group has formed a strategic alliance with the Aviatur Group & Avia Hotels, one of the leading tourism groups in Colombia. Thanks to this collaboration agreement, both groups will commercialiseoperate hotels in Colombia under the BlueBay Hotels brand name,Aviatur’s network of agencies will distribute the chain’s hotels for the Colombian market worldwide.